About This Position:
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager: Recruitment and Learning the Senior Advisor: Recruitment is primarily responsible for managing the recruitment, onboarding and orientation of all Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) staff. This position finds innovative ways to attract diverse and qualified candidates who are passionate about THC’s Mission as well as contribute to a dynamic and highly effective team. In conjunction with the Senior Advisor responsible for learning and development, this position creates and maintains an onboarding process that exemplifies THC’s Core Values. This position assists THC managers in orienting new employees in a way that encourages retention and success, in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position performs HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
- Maintain and continuously improve the full-cycle recruiting program for all assigned full-time, part-time, on-call, and temporary positions.
- Lead the recruiting and interviewing process for all assigned open positions and maintain THC’s weekly reports and tracking mechanisms associated with recruitment.
- Conduct initial meetings with hiring managers for each assigned open position to develop recruitment plans. Maintain frequent communication with managers throughout the hiring process.
- Create and update job descriptions as needed with the HR Manager and Department Directors.
- Write and post job advertisements and create recruitment materials as needed; find creative and innovative ways to reach potential candidates including attending and organizing job fairs.
- Develop and maintain applicant tracking systems.
- Review and evaluate resumes and conduct phone screens.
- Create interview questions and work with hiring managers to schedule and attend interviews as appropriate. Conduct post-contingency offer background and reference checks
- Assist with the Adverse Action process as assigned.
- Extend contingency and formal offers of employment, as approved by the hiring supervisor and HR manager. Prepare and send offer and denial letters.
- Ensure that all candidates are processed through the recruitment and pre-employment cycle in a timely manner and work with the HR Manager to address any issues or delays.
- In conjunction with Senior Advisor Learning and Development, develop, lead, and maintain a comprehensive new employee orientation and onboarding process for all new hires. This includes coordinating initial job-specific training with managers and reviewing benefits package and options with all new hires.
- Ensure that new hires complete all necessary documentation prior to beginning employment, which includes I-9 documentation. Maintain THC’s I-9 binders for both active and inactive employees ensuring documents are current.
- Prepare for and conduct monthly New-Hire Orientations as assigned.
- Develop, deliver, or assist with various HR-related management trainings.
- Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
- Assist with employee recognition and celebration programs.
- Serve as back-up in the areas of training, performance reviews, HRIS/payroll, and other HR duties as assigned.
- Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
- Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, emails, and instant messages as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings/trainings as requested.
- High School Degree required. BA/BS degree in a related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in recruitment or the HR field or 4 years of management experience that includes hiring staff as a major responsibility.
- Strong commitment and understanding of issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic and institutional racism.
- Must have knowledge of various employment laws and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
- Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, current and prospective employees, clients, and the general public.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from contracts, manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Familiarity with timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
- Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
- Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
- Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
- Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
- Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
- Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
- Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
- Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!