The Operations Manager, Property Management provides high level, organized, and detailed administrative support to the Property Management and Facilities leadership teams in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. This position oversees and coordinates departmental operations, including the creation and maintenance of complex administrative systems. This position supervises the Property Management Administrative Assistant and assists with the front office reception.
THC is a non-profit housing, support services, legal, and advocacy organization. THC provides housing and comprehensive services that help disenfranchised low-income people in San Francisco increase stability. THC’s Mission and Core Values are key to successfully supporting our clients.
Leadership and Management
- Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
- Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
- Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
- Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
- Work with the department leadership to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
- Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
- Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
- Effectively coordinate a multitude of cross-departmental projects (e.g. energy rebate programs, new building acquisitions), including effective communication with staff, clients, and external partners.
- Conduct research and work on special projects as needed for the department(s) and agency.
- Compile weekly, quarterly, and yearly reports and provide analysis and recommendations as requested.
- Oversee building system permits for hotels, including ensuring that all inspections and permits are completed accurately and on-time, and that documentation is properly maintained. Conduct cost analyses and evaluate alternative contractors.
- Manage the process for the HSA annual audit and assist in other external and internal audits as requested.
- Aid in monitoring department budget line items specific to administrative costs, office management, contractors, etc.
- Investigate and respond to client grievances, and maintain department client grievance and appeals list.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings.
- Recommend and assist in drafting and editing changes to policies, procedures, and training manuals; assist in implementation of and adherence to them.
- Ensure that procedural controls comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- Improve and maintain systems for shared department files and electronic resources; maintain files and records for documentation, legal, and reporting purposes.
- Oversee on-site and off-site storage requirements related to proper storage of hazardous and flammable materials.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and agency records and concerns.
Office Management Oversight
- Supervise agency reception activities so as to maintain a professional, responsive and welcoming reception function for callers and visitors to THC.
- Oversee centralized purchasing, procurement, installation, assembly, delivery, maintenance, and/or leasing for all office supplies, equipment, and furnishings.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree required; BA/BS degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in administration/office management, including research and analysis.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising staff.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings and make staff presentations.
- Must have a minimum typing speed 50 w.p.m.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances. 
- Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining expectations and energy for positive improvement and results.
- Desires and has the ability to empower direct reports to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
- Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
- Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
- Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
- Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
- Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
- Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
- Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
- Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
- Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!