About This Position
The Law Office Manager provides management of law office support services to THC attorneys and Directors with THC Law Office’s purpose and mission. The Law Office Manager executes their duties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
- Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of the intake coordinator(s) and administrative assistant(s) in accordance with THC policies and directives.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
- Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
- Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
- Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
- Work with the Managing Attorney and other members of the management team to develop and implement Law Office Policies and Procedures, foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
- Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
- Arrange, schedule, attend, participate in, and/or facilitate all meetings and conferences, as requested.
- Manage and coordinate support by support staff for THC’s client litigation under the supervision and direction of the attorneys on the case.
- Prepare and submit reports and data regarding cases and clients to MOHCD and GMS
- Conduct research for client litigation.
- Manage law office initial client intake and interviews, eligibility for legal services, and assignment of cases to attorneys.
- Limited tenant counseling under supervision of lawyer.
- Manage organization and maintenance of client and case files.
- Assist with implementation and management of law office case document database (Worldox and PracticeMaster).
- Provide paralegal and administrative support, which includes filing and mailings as needed.
- Manage and oversee case costs accounting and settlements with the Finance Department.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- BA preferred
- At least one year legal/paralegal work experience
- Ability to read and interpret manuals and instructions in English, ability to write simple correspondence and memos.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of data base and accounting systems preferred
- Experience with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds preferred
Required Behavioral Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
- Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
- Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
- Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
- Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
- Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
- Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, hearings, trials, and other events.
- Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!