About This Position
Jr. System Administrator is responsible for the overall responsiveness and service effectiveness provided by Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Help Desk. This position provides administrative support, computer and network management, end-user training, and on-site technical support to THC. This position also maintains Help Desk Support software to identify and track end-user support issues in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions of the computer network.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology (IT) in diagnosing network problems and maintaining the network, including adding/deleting users, assigning rights, purging files, running utility programs, etc.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on servers and network devices.
- Implement and monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor system performance and develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans.
- Write simply SQL queries, research user record issues in a SQL environment.
- Monitor, maintain, and respond to user’s systems including servers, desktops, laptops, network devices, connections, and applications.
- Act as one of the initial points of contact for the Help Desk Support team to start the problem resolution.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and open cases; manage and escalate service requests.
- Determine process for desktop and network issues, organize and prioritize support requests, and assign daily work schedules.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution; escalate problems as appropriate.
- Process equipment and software orders.
- Assist in development and maintenance of inventory databases.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of user systems.
- Identify and recommend technology upgrades to maintain business continuity for users.
- Write and update policies and procedures related to computer support including manuals and audits for installation and use of IT hardware and software.• Provide technical training as needed.
- Provide excellent and thorough on-site technical support as needed.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments when setting up new staff members, computer equipment, software, or systems.
- Create forms and establish procedures in accordance with business practices.
- Track and distribute equipment and related materials.
- Prepare (including loading programs, updates, etc.), track, deliver, and install equipment and materials as needed.
- Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and agency records and concerns.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
- BS/BA degree in related field required.
- Windows MCSE Certification or working toward certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of System Administrator experience with Help Desk responsibilities.
- Must have experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, switches, TCP/IP, and data security.
- Must have experience with Windows 7/2010 troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Must have experience installing and troubleshooting business oriented software for PCs (including Adobe, Outlook 2019, MS Access 2000, MS Office 2019, and QuickBooks).
- Must have experience with Dell, HP and PC compatible hardware.
- Must have knowledge of and Windows 2016 Server; Symantec, SQL Server 2014, and MS Access 2000.
- Must have basic understanding of SQL Query language
- Must have motivation and desire to solve technical issues and help end-users.
- Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff and managers, and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end-users.
- Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!