About This Position
The Information technology – Help Desk is responsible for providing responsive customer service and first-line desktop and network technical support to all Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) end-users in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Provide first line of support to troubleshoot network, hardware, software, and telephone problems.
- Act as a first point of contact for the Help Desk Support team to start the problem determination process for desktop and network issues.
- Organize, prioritize, and execute support requests.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution; escalate problems as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments when setting up new staff members, computer equipment, software, or systems.
- Process equipment and software orders.
- Draft and update policies and procedures related to computer support including manuals and audits for installation and use of IT hardware and software.
- Provide excellent and thorough on-site technical support.
- Track, distribute, and install equipment and related materials.
- Assist with computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions of the computer network.
- Manage logins and passwords for all systems and applications.
- Monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor system performance and test disaster recovery plans.
- Install cabling to support phone, network, and CCTV in a professional manner.
- Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and agency records and concerns.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
- BS/BA degree in related field required.
- Windows MCSA Certification or working toward certification preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Help Desk or equivalent responsibilities.
- Must have experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, switches, TCP/IP, and data security.
- Must have experience with Windows 10 troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Must have experience installing and troubleshooting business oriented software for PCs (including Adobe, Outlook 2019, MS Access, MS Office 2019, and QuickBooks).
- Must have experience with Dell, HP, and PC compatible hardware.
- Must have knowledge of Windows 2016 Server; Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec, SQL Server 2014, and MS Access 2000.
- Must have motivation and desire to solve technical issues and help end-users.
- Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff and managers, and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end-users.
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!