About This Position
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager: Recruitment and Learning the Advisor: Recruitment and Learning supports the recruitment, onboarding, orientation and learning and development activities for all Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) staff. This position performs a variety of administrative, training and planning activities to assist the agency in recruiting and developing personnel in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position performs HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
- Support the full-cycle recruiting program for all assigned full-time, part-time, on-call, and temporary positions.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing for open positions as assigned and update applicant tracking systems.
- Communicate with hiring managers for assigned open positions to support recruitment plans.
- Post job advertisements and create recruitment materials as needed; attend job fairs.
- Support application tracking system, review resumes for minimum qualifications and conduct phone screens as assigned.
- Work with hiring managers to schedule and attend interviews as appropriate. Conduct post-contingency offer background and reference checks
- Assist with the Adverse Action process as assigned.
- Extend contingency and formal offers of employment, as approved by the hiring manager and HR manager. Prepare and send offer and denial letters.
- Conduct new employee orientation and onboarding activities for new hires. This includes coordinating initial job-specific training with managers and reviewing benefits package and options with all new hires.
- Ensure that new hires complete all necessary documentation prior to beginning employment, which includes I-9 documentation. Maintain THC’s I-9 binders for both active and inactive employees ensuring documents are current.
- Process temporary staffing requests from managers and coordinate with temporary staffing agencies.
- Assist with scheduling, tracking and coordinating employee training programs and educational funds.
- Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
- Assist with employee recognition and celebration programs.
- Assist with the probationary and annual performance review processes.
- Input data into HRIS/Timekeeping systems as necessary.
- Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
- Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, emails, and instant messages as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings/trainings as requested.
- High School Degree required. BA/BS degree in a related field preferred.
- Must have 2 years of administrative experience; in Human Resources related role preferred.
- Strong commitment to issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic and institutional racism.
- Must be able to understand employment laws and have the ability to apply them in practice.
- Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
- Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, current and prospective employees, clients, and the general public.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from contracts, manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Familiarity with timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
- Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
- Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
- Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
- Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
- Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
- Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
- Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
- Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!