About the Position
The Housing Services Coordinator – provides case management services to clients of the Representative Payee Program and high-level administrative support to the Director of Housing Services and the department’s managers and maintains the administrative functions of the Housing Services Department in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
- Provides case management to 45 Representative Payee clients that do not have a case manager at their building. Case management support includes, but is not limited to: housing search, establishing services with various community resources and public benefits, developing a service plan, housing stability, landlord/tenant mediation, housing recertification, and assistance with completing forms.
- Aid in establishing and maintaining appropriate public benefits.
- Support clients in finding and retaining permanent housing through building rapport, frequent engagement, and effective intervention strategies.
- Provide assistance with completing interim and annual recertification for THC’s Master Lease sites such as mailing notices, tracking completion, calculating rent based on income, entering information into the database and providing documentation to HSH.
- Create correspondence, monitor, track and complete annual recertification for the Galvin Apartments.
- Assist with the lottery and lease up process for the Galvin Apartments.
- Provides back-up support for Administrative Associate at the front desk when needed: Greet tenants/clients, staff, and visitors warmly to the office, direct clients to appropriate staff and services. Check-in tenants and clients via the automated Queuing system. Answer main phone line in a warm and helpful manner, transfer calls on a multiple phone line system.
- Create and edit documents/reports, photocopy, fax, file, sort checks, and perform miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- Conduct administrative and preparation tasks, for all Housing Department programs, associated with Check Day, Quick Check, and the Rental Payment Period (Group Rent) in such a way that it is efficient and supportive to tenants/clients.
- Support THC’s tenant/client intake process by opening files for new and/or returning tenants/clients, by ensuring all documents have been collected and filed appropriately.
- Review and enter program withdrawals; close tenant/client files and ensure proper storage of these files; maintain an organized and effective archival system for department files that allows staff to find and access files easily.
- Order background checks from the National Tenants Network and Justifacts; emailing the results to appropriate inter-departmental staff.
- Distribute checks and collect rent at the “Check Table” during “Check Week.”
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail, including pick up, delivery, sorting, stamping and distributing.
- Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of client records and concerns.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
- High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in administration/office management.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working directly with diverse, low-income, homeless, or formerly homeless population.
- Knowledge of social service and public resources in San Francisco.
- Must have a minimum typing speed 50 w.p.m.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience working within databases and have excellent data entry skills.
- Must have experience working with clients with mental health and substance use issues.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations with minimal mistakes.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
- Must have the ability to walk a distance of up to 1.5 miles while performing errands.
- Must have the ability to clearly explain services, operations, and office rules while listening effectively to client/tenant, staff, and visitor requests.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!