About This Position
The Case Manager works interdependently in a Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) residential hotel(s) providing support services to formerly homeless single adults. This position helps to support tenant stability and wellbeing by providing compassionate services using harm reduction, motivational interviewing and other best practice techniques.
- Manage a caseload of formerly homeless single adults, many of whom have mental health disabilities, substance abuse issues and/or medical issues.
- Conduct outreach visits immediately upon entry to the hotel, in the months following entry, and whenever else needed.
- Conduct initial and ongoing needs assessments and follow-up visits, and provide a full range of case management services to tenants with the client-driven goals of housing retention and life quality improvement.
- Aid tenants in establishing and maintaining appropriate benefits and making monthly or bi-monthly rent payments.
- Assist tenants with unit habitability issues and regularly accompany hotel managers on monthly pest control and unit inspection visits.
- Build an active tenant community and environment of support by hosting regular community events, tenant groups, and social activities; collaborate with Case Managers, Property Management staff, and tenants to maintain comprehensive community events programs at THC hotels.
- Respond to tenant-related crises, including providing de-escalation intervention and support to highly agitated tenants.
- BA/BS required or must have 2 years’ verifiable experience providing case management services to homeless or formerly homeless population without a BA/BS.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population.
- Must have case management and/or outreach experience.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Must have an understanding of the harm reduction model in a supportive housing context.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
- Some group facilitation experience preferred.
* This is not a full list of the duties and requirements.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!