About This Position
The Supportive Housing Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the operational oversight of a single room occupancy (SRO) residential hotel within a supportive housing model in San Francisco. This position supports the Supportive Housing Manager (SHM) to ensure that property management services are responsive to the needs of tenants and support high levels of tenant retention in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC’s) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
- Assist the SHM hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
- Assist the SHM conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
- Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
- Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
- Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
- Work with the SHM to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
- Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
- Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
- Assist in the production and submission of weekly and monthly required reports; assist in examining areas needing improvement, as well as the creation, implementation, and maintenance of solutions.
- Respond to building emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, implementing emergency plans whenever necessary.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with community neighbors, including police and fire departments.
- Coordinate building cleanliness, pest control treatments, repairs, and unit turnovers.
- Screen, interview, qualify, and intake new tenant applicants for housing.
- Plan and participate in tenant activities; interact with agency programs and Case Managers in the building; coordinate delivery of services.
- Assist the SHM respond to tenant complaints and other requests in a timely and supportive manner.
- Enforce rental agreements, rules, and policies, and work with tenants to build rapport and trust to increase tenant retention and well-being.
- Coordinate building emergency preparedness procedures, manage building security and safety equipment, and attend the agency’s Safety Committee.
- Assure appropriate files and records are kept for legal and reporting purposes.
- Assume the duties of SHM as needed.
- High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in property management and/or 3 years of experience in social work/case management in a Supportive Housing Model.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
- Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Must want to work in a Supportive Housing Model.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
- Experience training and supervising staff preferred.
- Basic understanding of the eviction process and terms of tenancy preferred.
- Understanding of a Harm Reduction Model preferred.
How to apply
To apply for any THC position you see here:
- Online: Upload your resumé online using the Apply button below
- By email: Email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Stop by our 449 Turk Street office to drop off your resumé
We look forward to hearing from you!