Outline of the 30-Day Mayoral action plan.
One or more scans of original printed documents are included here. To read the text of these documents, please activate the Read the Text tab.
126 Hyde Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel: (415) 771-9850 * Fax: (415) 771-1287
MAYORAL 30-DAY ACTION PLAN
- Prioritize the siting of employees and agencies in Tenderloin Area office space and require community input into decisions to locate or relocate outside the neighborhood.
- Such employees enhance the Tenderloin economy, increase public safety, and represent a cost-effective community development strategy. The wrong message is sent if the Mayor’s own Housing and Community Development Staff abandon, with no public review, a community whose problems they are funded to solve.
- Finalize lease negotiations for a Tenderloin police substation at Golden Gate St. and Leavenworth St. and schedule an opening date.
- After three years of meetings, we still have no substation to replace the Hibernia Bank.
- Announce and implement a “zero-tolerance” policy whereby police confiscate drugs from dealers everywhere in the Tenderloin.
- Immediately direct police towards eliminating systematic and organized drug activity on Leavenworth St between Turk St. and Ellis St.
- Temporarily close Boeddeker Park and establish task force to develop a new plan for it’s use.
- Initiate action to increase lighting in U.N. Plaza.