Early THC flyer notifying tenants of their housing rights and offering support for those facing unsafe or unsanitary living conditions.
One or more scans of original printed documents are included here. To read the text of these documents, please activate the Read the Text tab.
Lower Your Rent!
City Law Requires Landlords To Provide Safe, Healthy, And Sanitary Living Conditions For Their Tenants.
A Landlord Must:
- Provide 10 hours of heat per day
- Repair leaking roofs and sinks
- Eliminate rates, roaches, and mice
- Provide hot running water
- Repair broken windows
- Remove loose plaster from ceilings
- Give a written eviction notices–a verbal notices is not enough.
If your room or building suffers from these or other problems, you may be entitled to rent reduction. You may also be able to use your rent money to make needed repairs.
For further information or assistance, contact Randy or Doug at the:
Tenderloin Housing Clinic
North of Market Planning Coalition
Or drop by our office at 295 Eddy ST.