Support Services Manager
About This Position:
The Support Services Manager is responsible for the overall provision of effective case management services to formerly homeless single adults. This position oversees, supervises, leads, and coordinates supportive services provided by Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Case Managers located in Single Room Occupancy (SRO) residential hotels in San Francisco, in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership, vision, and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team and play a broad leadership role for the department.
• Set expectations for and oversee the quality of case management services provided to tenants, including innovative approaches to work with hard-to-engage tenants.
• Empower Case Managers through support and skill development to provide quality services to a high-needs clientele.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership to develop systems and procedures that improve the operations and services of the department, that foster program development, and that support the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Review all pending eviction cases and provide recommendations on how to proceed.
• Work closely with Case Managers to develop intervention and engagement strategies to ensure high quality, supportive, caring interactions with tenants.
• Provide oversight to the development and coordination of client services and community events provided by the Support Services Department.
• Act as an advisor and decision-maker for logistical matters and case questions.
• Support and facilitate a cooperative teamwork-oriented relationship with Property Management and Housing Services staff.
• Monitor department compliance with contracts, including conducting regular file audits and monitoring client contact notes.
• Fulfill case management responsibilities when there are gaps in staffing.
• Monitor and approve financial expenditures for community events.
• BA/BS degree in Social Work or related field required; MA/MS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience providing services, preferably case management services, to diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising staff, or must have 2 years of experience providing case management services with demonstrated high levels of proficiency.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, tenants, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on policies, governmental regulations, technical procedures, and contracts.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have conflict resolution experience.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative, develop action steps/goals, and follow through on action steps to goal completion.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have knowledge of San Francisco landlord-tenant law and terms of tenancy.
• Must have experience working with clients with mental health and substance use issues.
• Must have an understanding of a Harm Reduction model.
• Must have the ability to travel throughout San Francisco on a daily basis.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of San Francisco resources for homeless and formerly homeless adults strongly preferred.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…