Human Resources Advisor: Leaves & Employee Relations
About This Position:
The Advisor: Leaves and Employee Relations assists the Senior Advisor of Benefits and Leaves and the Senior Advisor of Employee Relations in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position performs HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
Employee Health Benefits
• Assist in all aspects of employee benefit programs for both union and non-union benefit plans.
• Participate in open enrollment processes and open enrollment communications and meetings.
• Meet with new hire employees to discuss benefit enrollment.
• Maintain and process benefit-related paperwork, including auditing monthly bills.
• Securely maintain employees’ medical coverage and other information.
• Provide employees with benefit materials and address questions as needed.
• Assist with the leave of absence program, including processing requests for PDL, FMLA, CFRA, Military, and personal leaves.
• Process and implement ADA and modified work accommodations.
• Complete State Disability and Paid Family Leave verification requests.
• Edit and enter timekeeping for employees on leave.
• Assist with the workers’ compensation program.
• Assist with employee corrective actions, including collecting documentation, scheduling and attending meetings.
• Draft communications and prepare materials for investigation and corrective action meetings.
• Participate in employee Safety programs.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of employee events, including health fairs, staff appreciation day, and annual staff meetings.
• Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
• Serve as backup in other HR duties as assigned.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School Degree required. BA/BS degree in a related field preferred.
• Must have 2 years of administrative experience; in Human resources related role preferred.
• Strong commitment to issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic and institutional racism.
• Must be able to understand employment laws and have the ability to apply them in practice.
• Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, current and prospective employees, clients, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from contracts, manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Familiarity with timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…