Human Resources Administrative Associate
About This Position:
The Human Resources Administrative Associate (HRAA) is responsible for warmly greeting and giving accurate agency information to staff, clients, and visitors to Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) main administrative building. The HRAA is also responsible for answering telephones, providing administrative support to Human Resources staff, and maintaining the administrative operations of the HR Department in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide excellent customer service and front desk reception to staff, clients, and visitors.
• Provide detailed administrative support to the HR Department and other departments as requested.
• Keep the HR office common areas neat, organized, and stocked, including maintaining copies of frequently used documents in the HR lobby area.
• Monitor office security cameras to ensure a safe and comfortable environment in the office and office front door way. Seek assistance when needed including calling San Francisco “non-emergency” services.
• Assist with distribution of paychecks.
• Arrange, assist in preparation for, and schedule trainings and meetings.
• Create documents and assist in creating and maintaining systems for various administrative/HR functions.
• Maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
• Scan, file, copy, mail and create packets and mailers as requested.
• Make mail runs, deliveries and other visits to sites in the Tenderloin, SOMA and Mission areas.
• Process employee pay advances and commuter checks.
• Assist with processing other common HR forms and requests including; employment verifications, direct deposit, I-9’s, W-4’s, employee record change, employment requisition, transfer request, etc.
• Monitor the fax machine and ensure incoming faxes are given to the appropriate HR staff in a timely manner.
• Coordinate distribution of the monthly birthday and anniversary notices, as well as the seniority awards.
• Process temporary staffing requests from managers and coordinate with temporary staffing agencies.
• Assist with administrative tasks for the HR recruitment, leaves, benefits, recruitment and learning and development functions.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and take detailed notes as assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing administrative support to an office.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Human Resources office.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience navigating a database and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…