Senior Human Resources Advisor: Benefits & Leaves
About This Position:
The Human Resources (HR) Senior Advisor: Benefits and Leaves is responsible for employee-related health and welfare benefits, employee leaves and employee safety programs. With the support of the HR Advisor, this position works with managers and employees on health benefits enrollment and issues, manages leaves of absence and participates in the agency’s safety committee in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position provides HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
Employee Health Benefits
• Manage all aspects of employee benefit programs and serve as the primary contact with benefit brokers for both union and non-union plans.
• Coordinate medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability benefit programs.
• Lead open enrollment processes and coordinate all open enrollment communications and meetings.
• Meet with new hire employees to discuss benefit enrollment.
• Maintain and process benefit-related paperwork.
• Process employee benefit enrollment and termination forms, and audit monthly bills.
• Securely maintain employees’ medical coverage and other information.
• Provide employees with benefits materials and address questions as needed.
• Manage the leave of absence program to ensure complete, accurate, and timely communication to all affected parties.
• Approve, deny, and process requests for PDL, FMLA, CFRA, Military, and personal leaves.
• Approve, deny, process, and implement ADA and modified work accommodations.
• Complete State Disability and Paid Family Leave verification requests.
• Edit and enter timekeeping for employees on leave.
• Manage leaves related to workers’ compensation
• Maintain and manage the leave and injury reports and costs.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and coordination of a return-to-work program in conjunction with agency managers and the Director of HR.
• Manage the workers’ compensation program.
• Improve safety risk by conducting site visits, including post-accident visits, and make recommendations for process improvement.
• Participate in employee Safety programs.
• Work with THC’s third party administrator on unemployment claims.
• Work with the Senior HR Advisor: Employee Relations to maintain lists of new hires and terminated employees.
• Process employee terminations when appropriate.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of employee events, including health fairs, staff appreciation day, and annual staff meetings.
• Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
• Serve as backup in the areas of employee relations, HRIS/payroll, and other HR duties as assigned.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School degree required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in benefits administration in the HR field.
• Must have a minimum of 2 year of experience in employee leave management
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…