Law Office Manager
About This Position:
The Law Office Manager provides management of law office support services to THC attorneys and Directors with THC Law Office’s purpose and mission. The Law Office Manager executes his/her duties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of the intake coordinator(s) and administrative assistant(s) in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the Managing Attorney and other members of the management team to develop and implement Law Office Policies and Procedures, foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Arrange, schedule, attend, participate in, and/or facilitate all meetings and conferences, as requested.
• Manage and coordinate support by support staff for THC’s client litigation under the supervision and direction of the attorneys on the case.
• Prepare and submit reports and data regarding cases and clients to MOHCD and GMS
• Conduct research for client litigation.
• Manage law office initial client intake and interviews, eligibility for legal services, and assignment of cases to attorneys.
• Limited tenant counseling under supervision of lawyer.
• Manage organization and maintenance of client and case files.
• Assist with implementation and management of law office case document database (Worldox and PracticeMaster).
• Provide paralegal and administrative support, which includes filing and mailings as needed.
• Manage and oversee case costs accounting and settlements with the Finance Department.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• BA preferred
• At least one year legal/paralegal work experience
• Ability to read and interpret manuals and instructions in English, ability to write simple correspondence and memos.
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of data base and accounting systems preferred
• Experience with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds preferred
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, hearings, trials, and other events.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…