Property Management Administrative Assistant
About This Position:
The Administrative Assistant – Property Management is responsible for warmly greeting and giving accurate agency information to tenants/clients, staff, and visitors to the office. This position is also responsible for providing administrative support to all staff located at the 39 Jones Street Office, and for maintaining the administrative functions of the Property Management and Facilities Departments in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide organized and detailed administrative support to the Property Management and Facilities Departments, and occasionally to the Support Services Department.
• Process documents and requests submitted to the PM/Facilities departments by hotel-based staff
• Answer phones in a warm and helpful manner, and transfer calls on a multiple-line system.
• Greet tenants/clients, staff, and visitors warmly to the office, and set a hospitable tone in the reception area.
• Direct clients/tenants to appropriate staff members and services based on their individual circumstances and needs.
• Act as primary liaison between Property Management/Facilities Departments and other THC departments, as well as external agencies.
• Manage the 39 Jones Street, including orienting new staff to the office, coordinating interoffice correspondence, implementing office upgrades, monitoring janitorial staff and pest control treatments
• Ensure ample office supplies by completing frequent inventory checks and ordering office supplies in advance of their depletion.
• Keep the reception area and supply rooms organized.
• Assist with building system permits for hotels, including scheduling inspections, coordinating maintenance team and contractors, and maintaining proper documentation.
• Process some orders and supplies for ongoing maintenance of hotels and office sites.
• Assist with hotel visits and inspections as required
• Call medical providers to verify Reasonable Accommodation (RA) requests from tenants; communicate with tenants regarding their RA requests
• Communicate with and coordinate vendors and contractors.
• Assist staff with ad hoc research and projects.
• Create and edit documents, and assist with systematizing procedures.
• Provide support for meetings and trainings (prepare materials, take minutes, etc.).
• Assist in the coordination of THC housing waitlists.
• Photocopy, fax, file, and perform miscellaneous administrative tasks.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of tenant/client records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• Drive company trucks to perform occasional errands within city.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in office administration.
• Must have a minimum typing speed 50 w.p.m.
• Must feel comfortable making staff presentations.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must have the ability to walk a distance of up to 0.5 miles while performing errands.
• Must have the ability to clearly explain services, operations, and office rules while listening effectively to clients, staff, and visitor requests.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates professional behavior that is consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients and co-workers, and adheres to THC’s confidentiality policy.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…