Human Resources Manager: Recruitment & Learning
About This Position:
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources (HR) Manager: Recruitment and Learning is responsible for overseeing full-cycle recruitment and on-boarding, employee learning and development, and employee recognition and evaluation. The HR Manager: Recruitment and Learning ensures HR functions are delivered in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Oversee Human Resources staff and functions in recruitment, onboarding, learning and development and employee recognition and evaluation.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership, vision, and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team and play a broad leadership role for the department.
• Serve as the backup to the Director of HR and HR Manager: Operations in their absence.
Administration and Operations
• Participate in the leadership activities to develop systems and procedures that improve the operations and services of the department, that foster program development, and that support the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Protect the interests of employees and the agency in accordance with agency HR policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• In conjunction with the Director of HR, improve, maintain, and implement Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes.
• Review and approve invoices and billing related to the HR Department, as assigned.
• Monitor HR reports and progress on HR metrics.
• Be able to fill in and assist with all activities regarding recruitment, learning and development, and employee recognition and performance evaluation.
Recruitment & Learning and Development
• Supervise the Senior Advisors and Advisor responsible for employee recruitment, onboarding and learning and development.
• Oversee an efficient and effective recruitment program that attracts diverse and high quality candidates.
• Create and maintain a robust orientation and onboarding program.
• Create and implement learning and development programs across the agency that ensures all employees are regularly trained on job functions, core skills, and relevant information and skills to better serve clients.
• Develop competency roadmaps that identify success in each job and assist employees in identifying career pathways.
• Maintain strong connections with hiring managers and the HR Manager: Operations to understand operational needs and trends and adjust recruitment, onboarding and training programs to meet employee and agency needs.
• Implement and maintain systems to track recruitment, onboarding and training activities.
Employee Reviews, Recognition and Celebrations
• Responsible for employee performance review processes, including probationary reviews and annual reviews.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of employee recognition programs, employee celebrations and team building activities.
• Lead initiatives to measure employee engagement and morale in the workforce.
• Develop and lead trainings for THC staff.
• Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• BA/BS degree in a related field or 5 continuous years of relevant experience required.
• PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the human resources field.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience training and supervising staff.
• Strong commitment and understanding of issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic and institutional racism.
• Must have knowledge of HR laws and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Must understand and have experience with adult learning styles and practices.
• Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on policies, governmental regulations, technical procedures, and contracts.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have conflict resolution experience.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative, develop action steps/goals, and follow through on action steps to goal completion.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless populations strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with Kronos timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining vision, expectations, and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Desires and has the ability to empower direct reports to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…