Senior HR Advisor: Employee Relations
About This Position:
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager: Operations, the Senior Advisor: Employee Relations is responsible for a range of activities including conflict resolution, investigations, performance management and Union communication. This position assists leadership and employees in successfully performing their duties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position performs HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
• In conjunction with HR leadership, participate in establishing employee relations practices necessary to have a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Work with agency managers to coach, counsel and provide corrective action to employees.
• Seek approval from HR leadership for management recommendations for all employment suspensions and terminations.
• Lead investigations into alleged employee misconduct.
• Develop and maintain confidential systems to track employee corrective actions, ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreement and THC policy and procedure.
• Draft and review communications to employees regarding corrective action and investigations.
• Provide conflict resolution assistance to employees.
• Participate in labor management meetings, impact bargaining and Union negotiations as assigned.
• Track and analyze data regarding employee performance and make recommendations to improve systems that impact performance.
• Provide one-on-one counseling and group training to managers to enhance supervision of employees.
• Work with the Senior HR Advisor – Employee Relations to maintain lists of new hires and terminated employees.
• Participate in employee recognition programs.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of employee events, including health fairs, staff appreciation day, and annual staff meetings.
• Assist in development and maintenance of HRIS.
• Serve as backup in the areas of employee leaves, benefits, safety, HRIS/payroll, and other HR duties as assigned.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• High School Degree required. BA/BS degree in a related field preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in employee relations or 4 years of management experience in a Union environment.
• Strong commitment and understanding of issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and systemic and institutional racism.
• Must have knowledge of various employment laws and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, current and prospective employees, clients, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from contracts, manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Familiarity with timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as threatening or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…