Information Technoloy - Help Desk
About This Position:
The Information technology – Help Desk is responsible for providing responsive customer service and first-line desktop and network technical support to all Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) end-users in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide first line of support to troubleshoot network, hardware, software, and telephone problems.
• Act as a first point of contact for the Help Desk Support team to start the problem determination process for desktop and network issues.
• Organize, prioritize, and execute support requests.
• Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution; escalate problems as appropriate.
• Serve as a liaison to other departments when setting up new staff members, computer equipment, software, or systems.
• Process equipment and software orders.
• Draft and update policies and procedures related to computer support including manuals and audits for installation and use of IT hardware and software.
• Provide excellent and thorough on-site technical support.
• Track, distribute, and install equipment and related materials.
• Assist with computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions of the computer network.
• Manage logins and passwords for all systems and applications.
• Monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
• Monitor system performance and test disaster recovery plans.
• Install cabling to support phone, network, and CCTV in a professional manner.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee and agency records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• BS/BA degree in related field required.
• Windows MCSA Certification or working toward certification preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Help Desk or equivalent responsibilities.
• Must have experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, switches, TCP/IP, and data security.
• Must have experience with Windows 10 troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Must have experience installing and troubleshooting business oriented software for PCs (including Adobe, Outlook 2019, MS Access, MS Office 2019, and QuickBooks).
• Must have experience with Dell, HP, and PC compatible hardware.
• Must have knowledge of Windows 2016 Server; Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec, SQL Server 2014, and MS Access 2000.
• Must have motivation and desire to solve technical issues and help end-users.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff and managers, and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end-users.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…