Jr. System Administrator
About This Position:
Jr. System Administrator is responsible for the overall responsiveness and service effectiveness provided by Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Help Desk. This position provides administrative support, computer and network management, end-user training, and on-site technical support to THC. This position also maintains Help Desk Support software to identify and track end-user support issues in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions of the computer network.
• Assist the Director of Information Technology (IT) in diagnosing network problems and maintaining the network, including adding/deleting users, assigning rights, purging files, running utility programs, etc.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on servers and network devices.
• Implement and monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
• Monitor system performance and develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans.
• Write simply SQL queries, research user record issues in a SQL environment.
• Monitor, maintain, and respond to user’s systems including servers, desktops, laptops, network devices, connections, and applications.
• Act as one of the initial points of contact for the Help Desk Support team to start the problem resolution.
• Respond to monitoring alerts and open cases; manage and escalate service requests.
• Determine process for desktop and network issues, organize and prioritize support requests, and assign daily work schedules.
• Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution; escalate problems as appropriate.
• Process equipment and software orders.
• Assist in development and maintenance of inventory databases.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation of user systems.
• Identify and recommend technology upgrades to maintain business continuity for users.
• Write and update policies and procedures related to computer support including manuals and audits for installation and use of IT hardware and software.• Provide technical training as needed.
• Provide excellent and thorough on-site technical support as needed.
• Serve as a liaison to other departments when setting up new staff members, computer equipment, software, or systems.
• Create forms and establish procedures in accordance with business practices.
• Track and distribute equipment and related materials.
• Prepare (including loading programs, updates, etc.), track, deliver, and install equipment and materials as needed.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee and agency records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• • BS/BA degree in related field required.
• Windows MCSE Certification or working toward certification preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of System Administrator experience with Help Desk responsibilities.
• Must have experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, switches, TCP/IP, and data security.
• Must have experience with Windows 7/2010 troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Must have experience installing and troubleshooting business oriented software for PCs (including Adobe, Outlook 2019, MS Access 2000, MS Office 2019, and QuickBooks).
• Must have experience with Dell, HP and PC compatible hardware.
• Must have knowledge of and Windows 2016 Server; Symantec, SQL Server 2014, and MS Access 2000.
• Must have basic understanding of SQL Query language
• Must have motivation and desire to solve technical issues and help end-users.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff and managers, and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end-users.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…