Multi-Site Property Manager
About This Position:
The Multi-Site Property Manager (MSPM) is responsible for the management of two or more single room occupancy (SRO) residential hotels for tenants who have successfully lived within a Supportive Housing Model for three or more years. In addition, the MSPM will support property management department operations by assuming management duties at one or more sites on an as-needed temporary basis, when staffing gaps or special projects call for additional management support.
The MSPM ensures that property management services are responsive to the needs of tenants and support high levels of tenant retention and satisfaction, in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC’s) Mission, Core Values, Customer Service Philosophy, and Policies and Procedures.
Leadership and Management
• Manage the properties in accordance with THC policies, procedures and directives.
• Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Work with department leadership to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Participate in leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
• Effectively and efficiently manage the operations, habitability, maintenance, and safety of the residential properties.
• Ensure the highest standards are maintained, and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the properties’ programs and work.
• Ensure all tenant services, including but not limited to tenant screening, lease signing, day-to-day operations, unit turnover, pest control, rent collection, rent increases, income certification, lease and behavioral management, and legal actions are conducted in a supportive manner in accordance with all applicable laws, THC policies and procedures, and THC Core Values.
• Manage contractors providing services, and monitor the quality of provided services, including pest control, janitorial and maintenance services.
• Ensure the properties meet outcome, occupancy, safety, quality, and financial goals and objectives, including expenditures and rent collection.
• Respond to building emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, implementing emergency plans whenever necessary.
• Ensure that all compliance requirements outlined in regulatory and/or other legal documents are adhered to at all times.
• Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports examining areas needing improvement, and create, implement, and maintain solutions.
• Assure appropriate files and records are kept for legal and reporting purposes.
• Coordinate with facility management staff to report and respond to physical plant issues.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with community neighbors, including police and fire departments.
• Facilitate quarterly tenant management meetings, meet monthly with the Tenant Organizer at each property, and collaborate regularly with Support Services staff to promote community events, tenant well-being, and retention.
• Work with THC staff and external agencies, including partner organizations referring applicants to monitor waitlists, obtain and review applications, contact prospective residents, certify and re-certify household incomes, and conduct move-ins and lease signings.
• Attend to extra duties as directed within THC’s portfolio of buildings. This includes but is not limited to assisting other THC property management staff as needed, attending janitor and desk clerk interviews, and assisting in bringing additional properties into the portfolio.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in property management and/or 3 years of experience in social work/case management in a Supportive Housing Model.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising staff.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must want to work in a Supportive Housing Model.
• Must have an understanding of a Harm Reduction Model.
• Must have a basic understanding of the eviction process and terms of tenancy.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, Inclusion and Equity Statement, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining expectations and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Desires and has the ability to empower direct reports to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…