About This Position:
The Finance Specialist is a team member of the Finance Department of Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC). This position is primarily responsible for performing accounts receivables and accounts payable processing and performing the certain bi-weekly payroll functions, as a back-up, in accordance with (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Review vendor invoices for reasonableness and completion, record into Quickbooks and process payment timely and accurately.
• Review credit card transactions for reasonableness and record into Quickbooks, perform reconciliation and process payment timely and accurately.
• Process payment for recurring expense transactions timely and accurately.
• Process manual payment for ad hoc expenses, employee reimbursement, pay advances and pay adjustments timely and accurately.
• Compile and record THC monthly contract and non-contract invoicing (including all relevant supporting documents) timely and accurately.
• Process and record deposit transactions timely and accurately.
• Process and record expenses and receipts associated with the THC Law Office timely and accurately.
• Review expenses for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors when required.
• Assimilate relevant information and perform analyses.
• Procure requested items for purchase upon proper approval timely, accurately and in most economical manner.
• Provide assistance to pull records and answer question associated with THC’s various audits.
• Participate in bi-weekly payroll processing as the Payroll Specialist’s back-up with the guidance of the Finance Manager and/or the Director of Finance.
• Read and write financial correspondence and memos.
• Maintain orderly and complete filing of financial records and supporting documents.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain the confidentiality of THC’s financial and employee information.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• College degree required; BA/BS degree with a Business Administration or Accounting focus preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience processing accounting transactions.
• Must have a strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Must have strong skills in QuickBooks or comparable accounting software.
• Must have the ability to assimilate relevant information and perform analyses.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB/ COVID 19 screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Maintains expectations and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Desires and has the ability to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…