About This Position:
The Payroll Specialist is a team member of the Finance Department of the Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC). This position is primarily responsible for performing the bi-weekly payroll processing and performing some accounts payable / receivable accounting processing in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Bi-weekly Payroll (60-80% of workweek)
• Work closely with the HR to execute confidential employee actions and to input into KRONOS timely and accurately.
• Audit employee information in payroll system for completeness and accuracy.
• Track and process all employee garnishments and payroll deductions timely and accurately.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for all THC staff via KRONOS software timely and accurately.
• Process bi-weekly pay for THC staff via ACH or live paper check timely and accurately.
• Pay bi-weekly payroll taxes to Federal & State government timely and accurately.
• Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax reports timely and accurately.
• Generate year end W-2 for all THC staff timely and accurately.
• Participate in preparing monthly payroll break-downs for contract invoicing as needed.
• Perform payroll report generation, organization, and filing system.
• Maintain the confidentiality of the agency’s financial and employee information.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable (20% - 40% of workweek)
• Review vendor invoices for reasonableness and completion, record into QuickBooks and process payment timely and accurately.
• Review credit card transactions for reasonableness and record into QuickBooks, perform reconciliation and process payment timely and accurately.
• Process payment for recurring expense transactions timely and accurately.
• Process manual payment for ad hoc expenses, employee reimbursement, pay advances and pay adjustments timely and accurately.
• Compile and record THC monthly contract and non-contract invoicing (including all relevant supporting documents) timely and accurately.
• Process and record deposit transactions timely and accurately.
• Process and record expenses and receipts associated with the THC Law Office timely and accurately.
• Review expenses for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors when required.
• Assimilate relevant information and perform analyses.
• Procure requested items for purchase upon proper approval timely, accurately and in most economical manner.
• Provide assistance to pull records and answer question associated with THC’s various audits.
• Read and write financial correspondence and memos.
• Maintain orderly and complete filing of financial records and supporting documents.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain the confidentiality of THC’s financial and employee information.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience processing accounting transactions.
• Experience with KRONOS Payroll software preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Must have strong skills in QuickBooks or comparable accounting software.
• Must have the ability to assimilate relevant information and perform analyses.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB/ COVID 19 screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining expectations and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC finances confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a work environment that values diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.