About This Position:
The Staff Attorney represents tenants citywide in all aspects of housing law in accordance with THC Law Office’s purpose and mission. The Staff Attorney executes his/her duties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Counsel tenants to achieve resolution of disputes with their landlord.
• Litigation of cases on behalf of tenants: initial investigation, drafting complaints and
responsive pleadings, discovery, dispositive motions, trials and appeals.
• Work with community organizations to advance tenants’ rights.
• Compliance reporting for government contracts.
• Represent the agency in a professional manner.
• Additional duties as assigned
• California Bar membership
• One-year civil or criminal litigation experience required
• Commitment to advancing the rights of the underrepresented
• Understanding and interest in working with low-income and minority clients
• Ability to independently handle a moderate-large case load
• Must have thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe reader.
• Must be able to work independently and be detail oriented
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds preferred
• Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from judges, clients and the general public
• Must have ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on all applicable laws, policies, and contracts
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a work environment that values diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.