About This Position:
The Paralegal I provides assistance to Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Legal Office. The Paralegal I executes his/her duties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Paralegal duties including interviewing clients in order to prepare responses to discovery, preparing and sending out subpoenas, organizing document responses, obtaining public records
• Photocopying & faxing
• Extensive filing, including the creation of new filing systems
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Litigation support including preparing documents for court filings.
• Greet existing and potential clients of the law office, determine their eligibility and need for legal services, and refer to other services when necessary.
• Limited tenant counseling under supervision of lawyer
• Run errands as needed
• Arrange & schedule court appearances, depositions, conferences and meetings
• Represent the agency in a professional manner
• Maintain client database
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School degree required-BA preferred
• Must have thorough working knowledge of electronic filing systems in state court; working knowledge of electronic filing systems in federal court preferred.
• Must have thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe reader.
• Must be able to work independently & be detail oriented
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds preferred
• Must have experience with preparation and filing of legal documents under time sensitive conditions.
• Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and the general public.
• Must have ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on all applicable laws, policies, and contracts.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…