About This Position:
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all new client intake and associated tasks for the Tenderloin Housing Clinic Law Office. This position is the point person for telephone calls from individuals seeking eviction assistance, referrals from Tenant Right to Counsel (TRC) partners, website inquiries and drop-in clients. The Intake Coordinator will conduct all duties associated with opening new cases including warmly greeting and giving accurate information, completing basic questionnaires with clients, preparing physical and electronic case files, copying client and other documents, scheduling intake appointments with Staff Attorneys, and providing general administrative support to law office staff located at the 126 Hyde Street and 449 Turk Street Offices, and assisting with the administrative operations of the Law Office in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Take all telephone calls from agencies and individuals seeking eviction assistance
• Provide accurate information to callers
• Collect initial case information and run conflict checks
• Schedule appointments with staff attorneys
• Obtain all required documentation for new clients
• Create new physical and electronic case file
• Maintain and update client intake documentation as needed
• Update and maintain case databases
• Assist Office Manager in completing reports to city, state or federal agencies as required
• Assist in management of 449 Turk St. office, including coordinating interoffice correspondence,.
• Provide referrals to other agencies as appropriate to drop-in clients and visitors.
• Arrange; assist in preparation for, and schedule client meetings until client has retained an attorney.
• Copy client and legal documents.
• Scan initial intake and client documents into Worldox database and/or comparable programs.
• Create documents and assist in creating systems for Law Office intake functions.
• Attend meetings and type detailed notes as requested.
• Provide excellent customer service and front desk reception to staff, clients, and visitors.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
• Scan, file, copy, mail and create packets and mailers as requested.
• Confidential document destruction as needed.
• Assist and provide administrative support to Attorneys and Paralegals.
• Work in collaboration with the Law Office team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and concerns. Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• Work with Law Office Manager on special projects as assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing administrative support to an office.
• Must have excellent communication skills, customer service experience preferred
• Must be familiar with San Francisco Rent Control.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience navigating a database and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Some law office or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…