Public Policy and Community Engagement Coordinator
About This Position:
The Public Policy and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for engaging with various City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) Departments and Public Entities in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. This position ensures that Tenderloin Housing Clinic is aware of and engaged in public policy change that impacts the organization with the goal of improving neighborhood safety and increasing funding opportunities.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the Executive Director and the City and County of San Francisco to develop systems and procedures that foster neighborhood development, and that support the achievement of organization objectives and outcomes.
• Act as a liaison to the San Francisco Police Department by connecting with THC Management regarding neighborhood safety concerns and attending police commission hearings.
• Act as a liaison to the Planning Commission and DBI Commission, speaking on behalf of THC as required.
• Act as liaison to SFMTA regarding pedestrian safety.
• Attend relevant Board of Supervisor meetings, monitor activity and legislation as it relates to THC and speak on behalf of THC as required.
• Attend Bond Committee meetings, and monitor activity and legislation as it relates to THC
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Stay abreast of and be knowledgeable about San Francisco initiatives and public policy. Attend various City Agency meetings as required.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to develop positive community relations, to achieve visibility and with ally organizations and public entities through coalition and collaborative work.
• BA/BS degree required.
• Must have experience in developing effective relationships with community and govt. leaders, funding sources and formal presentations skills
• Must have a strong commitment to social justice.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on policies, governmental regulations, technical procedures, and contracts.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative, develop action steps/goals, and follow through on action steps to goal completion.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Knowledge of San Francisco resources preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining vision, expectations, and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
• Ability to manage negotiating, exchanging ideas, opinions, and information with others to formulate policies and programs
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…