About This Position:
The Facilities Manager is a leader in the Facilities Department and is responsible for ensuring effective day-to-day facility maintenance at assigned Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) properties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. This position assists the Director and Associate Director of Facilities in various department management and maintenance functions, and supervises Maintenance Staff.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
• Assist in the coordination of temporary reassignment of staff.
• Identify and assign staff to maintenance projects and emergency repairs.
• Plan, schedule, supervise, participate in, and inspect the work of assigned employees.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Supervise preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance work in assigned properties to ensure timely and quality completion of all building maintenance needs.
• Audit all maintenance logs for assigned properties.
• Order, track, distribute, and ensure proper usage and maintenance of equipment and materials.
• Organize, supervise, and assist with donation collection and distribution.
• Assist maintenance staff with special projects and provide oversight and instruction.
• Coordinate and assist in the delivery of maintenance and safety training for new and existing staff on product and equipment use, techniques, and safety.
• Ensure maintenance activities comply with government health and safety standards.
• Organize and prioritize maintenance requests in accordance with building and agency priorities.
• Assist with hands-on maintenance, repair, and turnover projects.
• Inspect buildings THC desires to acquire and make recommendations, as well as oversee the punch list during the acquisition process.
• Write letters and memos to tenants, agency staff, and outside entities.
• Obtain bids from outside contractors and make recommendations that will ensure quality work within THC’s budget.
• Supervise outside contractors and inspection of work as assigned.
• Manage capital improvement projects.
• Respond to building emergencies as needed.
Safety and Compliance
• Ensure compliance requirements outlined in regulatory agreements and/or other legal documents are adhered to at all times, including but not limited to the proper storage of hazardous and flammable materials at each site.
• Follow building safety procedures at all times.
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in professional building maintenance or a related construction field.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising maintenance staff.
• Must have excellent skills in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and painting.
• Must have knowledge of janitorial practices and procedures, including sanitation.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of fire-safety and building codes.
• Must have a valid California Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Must have an ability to drive a 17’ van/truck.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining expectations and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Desires and has the ability to empower direct reports to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…