About This Position:
The Administrative Associate is responsible for warmly greeting and giving accurate agency information to staff, clients, and visitors to Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) main administrative building. The Administrative Associate is also responsible for answering telephones, providing administrative support to staff located at the 126 Hyde Street Office, and maintaining the administrative operations of the HR Department in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide excellent customer service and front desk reception to staff, clients, and visitors.
• Provide detailed administrative support to the staff of the Admin and HR Departments.
• Keep the reception area, office supply area, break area, and front lobby organized.
• Provide referrals to other agencies as appropriate to drop-in clients and visitors.
• Maintain agency-wide staff directories.
• Arrange; assist in preparation for, and schedule trainings and meetings.
• Coordinate agency-wide interdepartmental mail delivery.
• Order, inventory, assign, and continually organize office and janitorial supplies for THC’s main administrative office.
• Create documents and assist in creating systems for various administrative/HR functions.
• Attend meetings and type detailed notes as requested.
• Produce and order staff badges and business cards.
• Maintain all employee files in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, policies and regulations, including I-9 forms.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
• Scan, file, copy, mail and create packets and mailers as requested.
• Maintain postage machine and report on monthly department postage use.
• Coordinate confidential document destruction throughout agency administrative sites as needed.
• Process employee pay advance, commuter check, and education fund requests.
• Complete requests for employment verifications.
• Coordinate distribution of the monthly birthday and anniversary notices, as well as the seniority awards.
• Coordinate distribution of the monthly Core Value Recognition list.
• Support the Senior HR Advisors on preparing new hire and leave forms and packets.
• Support the HR Advisor in communicating and coordinating with employees, insurance carriers, and brokers on health benefit issues.
• Assist and provide administrative support for HR staff with recruitment, onboarding, leaves, workers’ compensation, benefits HRIS and timekeeping, safety training, and employee relations.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns. Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• Work with Administrative Manager on special projects as assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing administrative support to an office.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience navigating a database and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Some HR experience strongly preferred.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, co-workers, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…