Associate Director of Support Services
About This Position:
The Associate Director of Support Services is responsible for programmatic oversight and administration of permanent supportive housing programs at THC residential hotel(s) serving formerly homeless single adults. Under the guidance of the Director of Support Services, this position gives clinical direction and support to a team of Support Service Managers and Case Managers, in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC)’s Mission, Core Values, Inclusion and Equity Statement, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervision, and trainings to motivate Support Services Managers and Case Managers for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure the staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership, vision, and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team and play a broad leadership role for the department.
• Set expectations for and oversee the quality of case management services provided to tenants, including innovative engagement strategies and approaches to work with hard-to-engage tenants.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership to develop systems and procedures that improve the operations and services of the department, and that support the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Identify potential partnerships that enhance onsite service delivery. Manage relationships with outside providers and assist in developing and overseeing Memorandums of Understanding between partnerships.
• Act as an advisor and decision-maker for departmental logistical matters and case questions under the Director’s guidance.
• Support and facilitate a cooperative teamwork-oriented relationship with Property Management (external and internal) and Housing Services staff.
• Monitor department compliance with contracts, including conducting regular file audits and monitoring client contact notes.
• Fulfill case management and management responsibilities when there are gaps in staffing.
• Work with Human Services Agency to fulfill federal funding procurement and reporting requirements, including but not limited to writing THC’s Notice of Funding Availability responses.
• Review and compile program data to submit regular and ad hoc reports to the Director. Analyze reports to assess for programmatic strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. Implement solutions and monitor program data on ongoing basis.
• Monitor and approve financial expenditures for community events.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
Support Services in Supportive Housing
• In conjunction with the Director of Support Services, direct and guide the overall delivery of support services in residential buildings in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, Customer Service Philosophy, and policies and procedures.
• Supervise Support Services Managers who directly oversee Case Managers to ensure high quality, supportive, caring interactions with tenants.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Property Management and Housing Services Departments to ensure consistent and comprehensive services to tenants.
• Work closely with the UCSF Behavioural Health Roving Team to ensure on-going best practices in collaborative case management provision for tenants with acute needs.
• Facilitate or co- facilitate case conference as needed by providing guidance in best practices when working with acute tenants, identifying needs, resolve conflicts, and strategize solutions aligned to agency mission and core values.
• Offer debriefing to onsite staff after a real-life emergency response by providing a space for a dialogue, which incorporates reflection, and an opportunity to identifying improvements for future crisis response.
• Review all pending eviction cases and provide recommendations on how to proceed.
• Provide oversight to the development and coordination of client services and community events provided by the Support Services Department.
• Provide crisis analysis and assist in the hospitalization of tenants when necessary.
• Master’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
• LCSW or MFT, or license eligible preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years of work in a non-profit that includes direct or indirect experience with multi-diagnosed, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless adults.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of proven leadership and hands-on experience training and managing staff and programmatic functions.
• Must have strong clinical assessment and crisis management skills.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in program management and administration skills.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, apply language, and make independent decisions based on policies, governmental regulations, technical procedures, and contracts.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have conflict resolution experience.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative, develop action steps/goals, and follow through on action steps to goal completion.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances .
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must have knowledge of San Francisco landlord-tenant law, terms of tenancy, general property management principles, and employment law.
• Must have an extensive working knowledge of San Francisco, state, and federal resources available to low-income persons.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of the Harm Reduction model in a supportive housing context.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates passion, commitment, and behavior that are consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities such as maintaining vision, expectations, and energy for positive improvement and results.
• Desires and has the ability to empower direct reports to achieve the agency’s goals and carry out the Mission and Core Values of THC.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be mature, honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding clients, employees, and THC confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…