Director of Business Operations
About This Position:
The Director of Business Operations is responsible for strengthening Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) internal processes and infrastructure to better enable THC to fulfill its Mission. Working directly with the Deputy Director, this position provides oversight and constant improvement of internal controls, policies, and procedures, and ensures THC is in compliance with all rules, regulations, and governing laws, in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Leadership and Management
• Oversee and ensure the hiring, training, direction, supervision, development, evaluation, and performance management of administrative staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure appropriate staff development and training is provided for the administrative staff and self.
• Ensure administrative staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold the staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide strong leadership, vision, and direction to staff that engender trust and respect, and that build effective working relationships.
• Directly supervise the administrative staff and oversee select activities of consultants that assist on various projects.
• Lead a variety of short- and long-term projects that strengthen the internal processes and infrastructure of the agency. Ensure projects are aligned with THC’s Mission and goals, stay within budget, are executed in an efficient and timely manner, and that all deliverables and outcomes are met and/or exceeded.
Strategic and Financial Oversight
• Identify risks that prevent THC from accomplishing its Mission and work with the Directors to mitigate risks through implementation of process improvements, internal control processes, and contingency planning.
• Lead and/or assist in the development of uniform policies, procedures, methods for oversight, short-term objectives, and long-range goals to improve the agency, as assigned.
• In conjunction with the Deputy Director, develop agency business plans and corresponding budgets that support both the short- and the long-term objectives of the agency. and play a role in developing agency wide strategic direction decisions.
• Review, approve, and/or seek approval of expenditures within specified budgetary parameters.
• Negotiate and/or evaluate contracts and make recommendations, as assigned.
Administration and Operations
• Perform work on program proposals associated with Grants, Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and Notices of Funding Availability (NOFA), as assigned.
• Coordinate all non-legal research and efforts to assist agency Counsel address legal claims against THC, and investigations or inquiries from federal/state/local agencies.
• Oversee liability insurance issues including preparation of renewal packet, ongoing review of coverage, and internal risk management compliance and improvement.
• Coordinate, prepare for, and participate in external audits on THC Governance and related agency-wide audits of a non-programmatic nature.
• Conduct internal audits, systems analysis, procedure reviews, and other activities to monitor and improve THC’s business operations.
• Oversee document management and retention for the agency, including managing the agency’s policy and procedure manual and all Sunshine Ordinance Requests.
• Produce reports for the Deputy Director, Department Directors, funders, and regulatory agencies, as assigned.
• Participate in internal and external meetings and committees, as directed by the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
• BA/BS degree in Business or related field required; JD degree or MA/MS degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience being responsible for management and operations.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage operations in a complex, fast-paced non-profit environment that serves low-income communities with diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports consistently and accurately, and write business correspondence and agency policies/procedures.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, funders, governmental agencies, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, apply language and concepts, and make independent decisions based on policies, governmental regulations, technical procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, and contracts.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, strategic thinking, negotiating, and planning skills.
• Must have conflict resolution experience.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must be results-oriented, highly organized, very detail-oriented, proactive, resourceful, able to manage multiple high-level projects with strict timetables, and have solid administrative follow-through while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have knowledge of Landlord/Tenant law, terms of tenancy, general Property Management principles, and employment law.
• Must have substantial grant, RFQ, RFP and/or NOFA writing experience.
• Must have demonstrated experience to understand and participate in budget development and management, and an understanding of general accounting and auditing principles.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working directly or indirectly with the homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…