Housing Planning Specialist
About This Position:
The Housing Planning Specialist – Stabilization position for the San Francisco Collaborative Courts Housing Programs is responsible for assisting clients involved with the San Francisco Collaborative Courts program and participating in the Stabilization Housing Programs to obtain permanent housing in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide permanent housing obtainment support for up to 20 clients participating in the San Francisco Collaborative Courts Housing Program.
• Meet with clients regularly at THC offices, San Francisco Collaborative Courts, and at their stabilization units, to conduct intakes, create Permanent Housing Plans, conduct weekly room inspections, and assess ongoing ability to reach mutually identified goals.
• Collaborate with intradepartmental THC staff, funder, and other community partners to ensure effective and coordinated client services to increase client stability, especially as it pertains to their housing.
• Develop relationships with landlords/housing providers to find immediate and/or long-term placement for clients.
• Provide housing information and assistance to THC staff, funder, other community partners, and to potential stabilization tenants that are tailored to the tenants’ individual situation.
• Conduct and participate in regular case conferences for stabilization clients. Identify clients who are appropriate referrals for the Transitional Housing or New Roads Programs.
• Conduct internal audits of case files on a quarterly basis and/or as clients enter and exit the program to ensure compliance with program expectations.
• Maintain current and thorough documentation of client contact and services provided. Maintain client files, including file creation, ongoing maintenance and archival.
• Maintain a tracking tool for client follow-up upon program exit, and for program reporting requirements.
• Prepare monthly reports and submit to the Associate Director of Transitional Housing.
• Respond to all phone messages, client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of tenant/client records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with diverse, low-income individuals required.
• Must have the ability to refer clients to appropriate resources.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Knowledge of San Francisco housing resources strongly preferred.
• Experience working with persons who are or have been incarcerated strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Bilingual abilities preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…