Human Resources Advisor: Employment and Recruitment
About This Position:
The Human Resources (HR) Advisor – Employment & Recruitment is primarily responsible for managing the recruitment, onboarding and orientation of all Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) staff. This position finds innovative ways to attract qualified candidates who are passionate about THC’s Mission, and who will contribute to a dynamic and highly effective team. This position creates and maintains an onboarding process that exemplifies THC’s Core Values, and assists THC managers in orienting new employees in a way that encourages retention and success, and that is in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. In addition, this position performs HR-related activities in support of all HR functions.
• Maintain and continuously improve the full-cycle recruiting program for all assigned full-time, part-time, on-call, and temporary positions.
• Lead the recruiting and interviewing process for all assigned open positions and maintain THC’s weekly Open Position Report, Requisition Log, Recruiting Workbook and other designated activity tracking mechanisms.
• Conduct initial meetings with hiring managers of each open position to develop recruitment plans. Maintain frequent communication updates with managers throughout the hiring process.
• Create and update job descriptions as needed with the HR Manager and Department Directors.
• Write and post job advertisements and create recruitment materials as needed; find creative and innovative ways to reach potential candidates including attending and organizing job fairs
• Manage the employment resume submitter email inbox, ensuring all resumes are properly filtered and sorted twice daily. Review and evaluate resumes and conduct phone screens.
• Create interview questions and work with hiring managers to schedule and attend interviews as appropriate. Ensure a smooth interview process by travelling to interview sites and greeting candidates and panelists.
• Conduct all post-contingency offer background and reference checks
• Assist with the Adverse Action process as assigned.
• Extend all contingency and formal offers of employment, as approved by the hiring director and HR manager. Prepare and send offer and denial letters.
• Ensure that all candidates are processed through the recruitment and pre-employment cycle in a timely manner and work with the HR Manager to address any issues or delays.
• Develop, lead, and maintain a comprehensive new employee orientation and onboarding process for all new hires. This includes coordinating initial job-specific training with managers and reviewing benefits package and options with all new hires.
• Ensure that new hires complete all necessary documentation prior to beginning employment, which includes I-9 documentation. Maintain THC’s I-9 binders for both active and inactive employees ensuring documents are current.
• Serve as a System Administrator for Applicant Tracking/KRONOS system. Create and assist with one-on-one and group trainings as appropriate.
• Develop, deliver, or assist with various HR-related management trainings.
• Serve as back-up in the areas of leaves, benefits, unemployment, HRIS/payroll, and other HR duties as assigned.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, emails, and instant messages as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings/trainings as requested.
• BA/BS degree in a related field required.
• PHR Certification preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in recruitment in the HR field or 4 years of management experience that includes hiring staff as a major responsibility.
• Must have knowledge of various employment laws and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Must display good judgment and be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, current and prospective employees, clients, and the general public.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from contracts, manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Familiarity with Kronos timekeeping/HRIS preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…