Law Office Administrative Assistant
About This Position:
The Administrative Associate is responsible for assisting with clerical tasks for the Tenderloin Housing Clinic Law Office, including filing, scanning documents, preparing case files, copying client and other documents, preparing court filings, initial processing of payments, and warmly greeting and giving accurate information to Law Office clients. The Administrative Associate is also responsible for answering telephones, providing administrative support to law office staff located at the 126 Hyde Street and 449 Turk Street Offices, and assisting with the administrative operations of the Law Office in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide detailed administrative support to the staff of the Law Office.
• Keep the reception area, office supply area, break area, kitchen and front lobby organized.
• Ensure ample office and kitchen supplies by completing frequent inventory checks and ordering supplies in advance of depletion.
• Assist in management of 449 Turk St. office, including coordinating interoffice correspondence, requesting office repairs, and, monitoring pest control treatments.
• Provide referrals to other agencies as appropriate to drop-in clients and visitors.
• Create and maintain organized case files.
• Arrange; assist in preparation for, and schedule meetings.
• Copy client and legal documents.
• Scan documents into Worldox database and/or comparable programs.
• Deliver and file of legal documents with the Court.
• Obtain copies of documents from Court, Court’s website, Rent Board and other administrative agencies.
• Order, inventory, assign, and continually organize office supplies for Law Office.
• Create documents and assist in creating systems for various Law Office functions.
• Attend meetings and type detailed notes as requested.
• Provide excellent customer service and front desk reception to staff, clients, and visitors.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
• Scan, file, copy, mail and create packets and mailers as requested.
• Confidential document destruction as needed.
• Assist and provide administrative support to Attorneys and Paralegals.
• Work in collaboration with the Law Office team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and concerns. Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• Work with Law Office Manager on special projects as assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing administrative support to an office.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience navigating a database and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Some law office or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…