Organizing Program Assistant
About This Position:
The Organizing Program Assistant is responsible for warmly greeting and giving accurate agency information to clients, staff, and visitors to the office. This position provides administrative support to staff, and maintains the administrative functions of the Community Organizing Department in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Staff the front desk at the 48 Turk Street Office.
• Answer phones in a warm and helpful manner, and transfer calls on a multiple-line system.
• Greet clients, staff, and visitors warmly to the office and set a hospitable tone in the lobby.
• Direct clients to appropriate staff members and services based on their individual circumstances and needs.
• Photocopy, fax, file, and perform miscellaneous office tasks.
• Ensure ample office supplies by completing frequent inventory checks and ordering office supplies in advance of their depletion.
• Keep the lobby and supply rooms organized.
• Order food for client functions.
• Coordinate and oversee the Alternative Workfare program and the associated volunteers.
• Enter and maintain data in the client database.
• File and organize client intake forms, client sign-in sheets, shared computer files, and other office documents.
• Set up laundry service with external vendor for clients.
• Maintain up-to-date content on Organizing Department website(s) and Facebook page(s).
• Compile data and information required for monthly, quarterly, and annual contract reporting requirements, including entering all data necessary.
• Create forms, intakes, office signage, flyers etc., as requested by Organizing Department staff.
• Coordinate flyer distribution and outreach.
• Internally track spending to date against contractual budgets.
• Assist with providing housing and habitability counseling during “walk –in” hours at the 48 Turk Street Office as needed.
• File and organize paperwork for the Rent Stipend program and track usage of the various rent stipends offered for Tenant Representative, Peer Counselor, CEOP, and/or La Voz, and any others that may be created.
• Find and procure appropriate offsite locations for events and meetings, as requested.
• Assist in event coordination and logistics.
• Request and coordinate pest control services for the 48 Turk Street Office.
• Pick up mail from and drop off mail to THC office(s).
• Respond to all phone messages, client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in office administration.
• Must be committed to social change and working to improve the Tenderloin and South of Market neighborhoods.
• Must have valid California Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must have the ability to clearly explain services, operations, and office rules while listening effectively to client, staff, and visitor requests.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Basic knowledge of housing and tenant rights strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Bilingual abilities (Spanish or Cantonese) preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…