Clinical Case Manager
About This Position:
The Clinical Case Manager - Continuum of Care (CoC) works interdependently in residential hotel(s) providing support services to formerly homeless Continuum of Care clients in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. The Clinical Case Manager will bring clinical knowledge and expertise that will enhance the services provided at THC’s CoC buildings. This position helps to support tenant stability and well-being by providing compassionate services using harm reduction, motivational interviewing and other best practice techniques.
• Manage a caseload of formerly homeless single adults experiencing high levels of mental illness and substance use, to help them increase housing retention, prevent homelessness, and provide linkage and referral to appropriate services.
• Perform intake assessments and evaluation to determine need for Clinical Case Management services.
• Contribute and provide case consultation support and skill development on as needed basis to other THC Case Managers and staff
• Facilitate or co-facilitate psycho-educational/life skills groups and recreational/social activities.
• Facilitate or co-facilitate case conference for CoC Case Managers.
• Establish relationships with service providers to build list of resources available to tenants.
• Maintain availability for after-hours phone calls from the SHM, SSM, or Directors as needed for consultation and support in crisis situations.
• Provide support to other THC staff and case managers in conducting suicide risk assessments.
• Assist prospective Continuum of Care clients through interview and re-certification process.
• Conduct initial and ongoing needs assessments and follow-up visits, and provide a full range of case management services to tenants with tenant-driven goals of housing retention and life quality improvement.
• Develop comprehensive individual service plans for each assigned tenant, integrating knowledge of a wide range of human services resources.
• Support tenants in retaining housing through building rapport, frequent engagement, and effective intervention strategies.
• Aid tenants in establishing and maintaining appropriate benefits and making monthly or bi-monthly rent payments.
• Assist tenants with unit habitability issues and regularly accompany hotel managers on monthly pest control and unit inspection visits.
• Build an active tenant community and environment of support by hosting regular community events, tenant groups and social activities; collaborate with Case Managers, Property Management staff, and tenants to maintain comprehensive community events programs at the hotels.
• Support the development and attainment of tenant goals, including employment, development of a support system, increased socialization skills, and participation in recreational/social activities.
• Based on tenant need, refer tenants to appropriate services and support tenants in successful follow-through in connecting to those services.
• Maintain current and thorough documentation and database records of tenant contact and services provided. Maintain all tenant case management files, including file creation, ongoing maintenance of files and archival of files.
• Respond to tenant-related crises, including providing de-escalation intervention and support to highly agitated tenants.
• Collaborate with THC departments and outside providers to support and advocate for tenants.
• Complete and submit all reports required by funding and regulatory agencies.
• Coordinate with hotel management, Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) staff, Coordinated Entry staff and THC staff to fill vacant Continuum of Care units.
• Report all suspected and known incidents of abuse and/or neglect to supervisor and appropriate entities when necessary.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of tenant records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• MSW required or must have 5 years’ verifiable experience providing case management services to homeless or formerly homeless population with a BA/BS.
• Must have knowledge of San Francisco resources for homeless and formerly homeless individuals, and must have the ability to refer tenants to appropriate resources.
• Must have an understanding of the harm reduction model in a supportive housing context.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Must have group facilitation experience.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain organized case files for a caseload of up to 45 tenants.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates professional behavior that is consistent with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Adapts well to change, and remains professional, respectful, and composed at all times.
• Must be honest, dependable, and accountable.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with tenants, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• Adheres to THC’s confidentiality policy and exercises good judgment in using and/or keeping information regarding tenants and co-workers confidential.
• Works well independently, collaboratively, and as a team member.
• Follows instructions completely and asks for help and/or guidance from supervisors when needed.
• Has good time management skills and is punctual to work, THC meetings, and events.
• Refrains from actions that may result in conflict or may be determined as aggressive, threatening, or violent.
• Takes pride in work and performs all assigned duties diligently, efficiently, and effectively.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…