Representative Payee Manager
About This Position:
The Representative Payee Program Manager is responsible for the overall effective operations of the Representative Payee Program in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy. This position supervises the Representative Payees. This position also maintains a small Representative Payee client caseload.
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Work with outside service providers to coordinate effective client services and care.
• Assist with the tracking and reporting of information as required by the Human Services Agency, the Social Security Administration, and other contract monitors.
• Prepare for and participate in audits by City and Federal Agencies, and all other contract monitors.
• Foster and maintain a good working relationship with the Social Security Administration and other community agencies so as to support the work THC does with and for its clients.
• Be accountable for and strictly monitor staff adherence to THC’s protocols for check security.
Representative Payee Program
• Monitor the daily activities of the Representative Payees to ensure adherence to THC policies and protocols, as well as the Social Security Administration’s Representative Payee Guidelines.
• Track reportable information for all Representative Payee clients, and report the information to the Social Security Administration as required in order to maintain clients’ benefits and prevent overpayments.
• Conduct internal audits of case files on a quarterly basis and/or as clients enter and exit the program to ensure compliance with program expectations.
• Act as an advisor and/or decision-maker for Representative Payee team matters and client case questions, bearing in mind internal policy, the Social Security Administration’s Representative Payee Guidelines, and the THC’s Core Values and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide monthly budget approvals, in conjunction with the Rental Accounts Manager, and ensure the accuracy of client budgets in light of the SSI/SSA benefits received.
• Manage caseloads as necessary to cover when there are gaps in staffing and ensure comprehensive support for clients.
• Maintain a regular caseload of 20-25 Representative Payee clients that receive comprehensive case management and excellent money management services.
• Ensure the accuracy and submission of all paperwork for Representative Payee clients and Housing Services Department clients to external agencies and organizations.
• Provide information and assistance to potential and existing program participants, as well as to service providers, in accordance with THC’s Customer Service Philosophy.
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and concerns.
• BA/BS degree in Social Work or related field required; MA/MS degree in Social Work or related field strongly preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in program management.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in case management.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience training and supervising staff.
• Must have strong budgeting and money management abilities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic math calculations with minimal mistakes.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have experience working with diverse, multiply-diagnosed, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have experience working with clients with mental health and substance use issues.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of San Francisco resources strongly preferred.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…