Human Resources - Administrative Associate
About This Position:
The Human Resources Administrative Associate (HRAA) is responsible for warmly greeting and giving accurate agency information to staff, clients, and visitors to Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) main administrative building. The HRAA is also responsible for answering telephones, providing administrative support to Human Resources staff, and maintaining the administrative operations of the HR Department in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Provide excellent customer service and front desk reception to staff, clients, and visitors.
• Provide detailed administrative support to the HR Department and other departments as requested.
• Keep the HR office common areas neat, organized, and stocked. Assist with keeping the 126 Hyde common areas neat and organized.
• Monitor office security cameras to ensure a safe and comfortable environment in the 126 Hyde St. office and 126 Hyde front door way. Seek assistance when needed including calling San Francisco “non-emergency” services.
• Assist with distribution of paychecks.
• Arrange; assist in preparation for, and schedule trainings and meetings.
• Create documents and assist in creating and maintaining systems for various administrative/HR functions.
• Attend meetings and type detailed notes as requested.
• Maintain all employee files in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, policies and regulations, including I-9 forms.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
• Scan, file, copy, mail and create packets and mailers as requested.
• Make mail runs, deliveries and other visits to sites in the Tenderloin, SOMA and Mission areas.
• Process employee pay advance, commuter check, and education fund requests.
• Assist with processing other common HR forms and requests including; employment verifications, direct deposit, I-9’s, W-4’s, employee record change, employment requisition, transfer request, etc.
• Monitor the fax machine and ensure incoming faxes are given to the appropriate HR staff in a timely manner.
• Coordinate distribution of the monthly birthday and anniversary notices, as well as the seniority awards.
• Process temporary staffing requests from managers and coordinate with temporary staffing agencies.
• Assist with HR Recruitment functions including but not limited to; Job postings, resume sorting and filtering, phone screenings, interview scheduling, denial letters, reference checks, on-boarding forms, uniforms, ID badges and new hire orientation.
• Assist with HR Benefits functions including but not limited to; communicating and coordinating with employees, insurance carriers, and brokers on health benefit issues.
• Assist with HR Leaves functions including but not limited to; Leaves forms and packets, mail runs, workers’ compensation, and safety training.
• Assist with HR Employee Relations including but not limited to; 45 day check ins and performance evaluations.
• Work in collaboration with the HR team to complete priority projects and address emerging issues.
• Respond to all phone messages, tenant/client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee records and concerns. Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in providing administrative support to an office.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Human Resources office.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience navigating a database and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service and reception skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated organizational and filing skills.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…