About This Position:
The Representative Payee provides comprehensive money management services to low-income residents of Single Room Occupancy (SRO) hotels in San Francisco who receive income from the Social Security Administration, many of whom are formerly homeless, in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Safeguard agency and client monies and be accountable for check security policies.
• Maintain a caseload of 70 SSI/SSA individuals requiring Representative Payee services.
• Conduct budgeting, bill-paying, and all other tasks inherent in providing money management services to clients in a way that is supportive of clients’ best interests.
• Complete, process, and file all necessary paperwork to intake, maintain, and terminate client services in an efficient manner.
• Complete, process, and file all necessary paperwork to initiate and/or maintain clients’ SSI/SSA benefits in order to ensure ongoing monthly income and client stability.
• Be aware of the Social Security Administration’s Representative Payee Guidelines and reporting requirements, and communicate reportable information to the Representative Payee Program Manager in a timely manner.
• Outreach to potential clients who may need Representative Payee services and existing clients who are disengaging from services.
• Collaborate with inter-departmental THC staff to ensure effective client services and to increase housing retention and client stability.
• Advocate for clients with outside agencies and landlords with regard to rental issues and general client-related matters in an effort to help the clients/tenants increase stability and retain their housing.
• Collaborate with non-THC case managers and service providers to ensure coordinated service delivery.
• Coordinate with the Social Security Administration regarding issues with clients’ benefits and other related matters so as to ensure clients’ income and good standing with the Social Security Administration.
• Receive and process rent payments from clients/tenants during Check Day and, as requested, in accordance with THC’s goal of increasing housing retention.
• Respond to all phone messages, client requests, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with dually-diagnosed individuals required.
• Must have the ability to refer clients to appropriate resources.
• Must have the ability to perform basic math calculations, especially life budgeting calculations, with minimal mistakes.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain organized case files for a caseload of 70 clients.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to complete paperwork accurately and write business correspondence.
• Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience working within databases, and have excellent data entry skills.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse issues.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Bilingual abilities preferred.
• Knowledge of San Francisco resources preferred.
• Experience providing money management services preferred.
• An understanding of rent pro-ration and terms of tenancy preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…