Supportive Housing Manager
About This Position:
The Supportive Housing Manager is responsible for the operational oversight of one or more single room occupancy (SRO) residential hotel(s) within a Supportive Housing Model in San Francisco. This position ensures that property management services are responsive to the needs of tenants and support high levels of tenant retention in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC’s) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Currently Open Sites:
- Mission Hotel
- Elk Hotel
- Winton Hotel
Leadership and Management
• Hire, train, direct, supervise, develop, evaluate, and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and trainings to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure staff are aware of and correctly implement all safety rules and regulations, and all policies and procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for high levels of performance, team work, and quality customer service.
• Provide leadership and project direction that engender trust and respect.
• Participate in the leadership activities of the department’s management team.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership to foster program development and achieve targeted objectives and outcomes.
• Partner and coordinate within the department and with other THC departments to meet objectives and ensure comprehensive services.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Ensure the highest standards are maintained, and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the hotel’s programs and work.
• Ensure the hotel(s) meets outcome, occupancy, safety, quality, and financial goals and objectives, including hotel expenditures and rent collection.
• Ensure that all compliance requirements outlined in regulatory and/or other legal documents are adhered to at all times.
• Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports examining areas needing improvement, and create, implement, and maintain solutions.
• Assure appropriate files and records are kept for legal and reporting purposes.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the operations, habitability, maintenance, and safety of one or more THC-managed residential properties.
• Ensure all tenant services, including but not limited to tenant screening, lease signing, day-to-day operations, unit turnover, pest control, rent collection, rent increases, income certification, lease and behavioral management, and evictions are conducted in a supportive manner in accordance with all applicable laws, THC policies and procedures, and THC Core Values.
• Respond to building emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, implementing emergency plans whenever necessary.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with community neighbors, including police and fire departments.
• Facilitate quarterly tenant management meetings, meet monthly with the Tenant Organizer(s), and collaborate regularly with Support Services staff to promote community events, tenant well-being, and retention.
• High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in property management and/or 3 years of experience in social work/case management in a Supportive Housing Model.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising staff.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must want to work in a Supportive Housing Model.
• Must have an understanding of a Harm Reduction Model.
• Must have a basic understanding of the eviction process and terms of tenancy.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Apply for Position… Go Back to Job Listing…