About This Position:
Desk Clerks are responsible for staffing the front desks of our Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) Hotels. Desk Clerks provide a welcoming and supportive environment for THC tenants to call home!
• Answer phone in a professional and helpful manner, take messages, and transfer calls as needed.
• Greet tenants, staff, and visitors cordially to the hotel and set a hospitable tone.
• Receive and appropriately direct and/or respond to tenant complaints, work-orders, and other tenant concerns in a timely and efficient manner and with excellent customer service.
• Ensure security of the hotel by utilizing video surveillance and conducting hourly rounds to monitor all entrances, common areas, and building perimeter, and swiftly respond to and appropriately report all safety issues, crises, emergencies and all other concerns.
• Log all visitors in and out of the hotel and enforce the San Francisco Uniform Hotel Visitor policy and all THC policies regarding visitors.
• Observe and report tenant lease, house rules, and all policy violations in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner.
• Participate in keeping the hotel interior and perimeter clean by taking trash bins in and out, sweeping lobby area, and occasionally providing minor janitorial support.
• Receive, sort, secure, and hand out mail to tenants and staff.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• High School degree or equivalent required.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in front desk reception or in customer service.
• Establishes and maintains effective and appropriate relationships and boundaries, and communicates with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and external parties in a manner that fosters respect and trust.
• De-escalation and conflict resolution training and experience strongly preferred.
* This is not a full list of the duties and requirements.
How to Apply:
To apply for any THC position you see here:
Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!