Lead Associate Director of Property Management
About This Position:
The Lead Associate Director of Property Management is responsible for providing assistance to the Director of Property Management and ensuring the overall effectiveness of the Property Management Department within a Housing First model. This position ensures that the Property Management Department is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and is responsive to the needs of the tenants. Additionally this position oversees aspects of programmatic operations and training and acts as Director of Property Management in absence of the Director in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Leadership Provide leadership, vision, and project direction that engenders trust and respect.
• Set expectations for and oversee the quality of property management services provided to tenants, including setting goals and objectives for Property Management staff.
• Be results driven and ensure timely response and follow up among department staff.
• Hire, train, supervise, develop, evaluate, direct and performance manage the daily activities of staff in accordance with THC policies and directives.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, plan trainings designed to inform and motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ensure that THC’s Property Management Department is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
• Hold staff accountable for high level of performance, team work and quality customer service.
Administration and Operations
• Work with the department leadership and other THC Departments to develop systems and procedures that improve the operations and services of the department, that foster program development, and that support the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
• Actively participate on the department management team and play a broad leadership role for the department.
• Attend, participate in, and facilitate all meetings, as requested.
• Monitor department compliance with contracts, including conducting regular file audits and monitoring other building systems.
• Ensure appropriate files and records are maintained for legal and reporting purposes.
• Participate in submission of required internal and external reporting requirements.
• Oversee timely tenant rent collection, ensure THC non-payment and nuisance eviction prevention procedures are followed and coordinate unlawful detainer process with Property Management Attorney.
• Represent the agency at eviction and other legal proceedings, as required.
• Attend tenant meetings and special events in order to foster strong community relations.
• Fulfill (ADPM) Associate Director of Property Management responsibilities when there are gaps in staffing.
• Review, approve, and/or seek approval of expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines.
• Supervise the Associate Directors of Operations and ensure the development of property goals related to compliance and reporting.
• Supervise the Janitorial Supervisor and ensure the effectiveness of management operations, community health and safety at residential buildings.
• Provide supervision, training, and support to Associate Directors of Property Management as needed.
Supervise a small portfolio of THC-managed residential properties in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, Customer Service Philosophy, policies and procedures and service goals as set by regulartory agencies and THC.
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Social Work, Hospitality Management or related field. Masters in related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years in property management
• Minimum of 3 years of supervisory leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to plan and lead training programs
• Must be able to respond to after hour urgent phone calls and/or emergencies
• Familiarity with Harm Reduction and desire to work within a Supportive Housing Model
• Customer service and conflict resolution experience required
• Must be results-oriented, highly organized, very detail-oriented, proactive, resourceful, able to manage multiple high-level projects with strict timetables, and have solid administrative follow-through while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
• Ability to listen and clearly explain services, operations, and agency rules
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Must pass all post contingency offer background, reference checks and TB screening clearances.
• Must read, communicate orally and write in English.
• Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Go Back to Job Listing…