Systems Administrator - Technical Support Engineer
About This Position:
The Systems Administrator - Technical Support Engineer is responsible for the overall responsiveness and service effectiveness provided by Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Help Desk. This position provides administrative support, computer and network management, end-user training, and on-site technical support to THC. This position also maintains Help Desk Support software to identify and track end-user support issues in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions of the computer network.
• Assist the Director of Information Technology (IT) in diagnosing network problems and maintaining the network, including adding/deleting users, assigning rights, purging files, running utility programs, etc.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on servers and network devices.
• Implement and monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
• Monitor system performance and develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans.
• Write SQL queries, research and correct user record issues in a SQL environment associated with a legacy database.
• Use pre-generated queries to perform critical monthly processing, assess system health and correct errors in legacy database.
• Build and maintain workflows in Microsoft SharePoint
• Salesforce user account administration
• Act as backup for SaleForce System Administrator to
• Manage CCTV installation and maintenance in accordance with established guidelines.
• Monitor, maintain, and respond to user’s systems including servers, virtual servers, desktops, laptops, network devices, connections, and applications.
• Monitor and maintain VOIP, VmWare and Sype for Business environments
• Act as one of the initial points of contact for the Help Desk Support team to start the problem resolution.
• Respond to monitoring alerts and open cases; manage and escalate service requests.
• Determine process for desktop and network issues, organize and prioritize support requests, and assign daily work schedules.
• Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution; escalate problems as appropriate.
• Research, recommend and process equipment and software orders.
• Assist in development and maintenance of inventory databases.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation of user systems.
• Identify and recommend technology upgrades to maintain business continuity for users.
• Write and update policies and procedures related to computer support including manuals and audits for installation and use of IT hardware and software.
• Provide technical training as needed.
• Provide excellent and thorough on-site technical support as needed.
• Serve as a liaison to other departments when setting up new staff members, computer equipment, software, or systems.
• Create forms and establish procedures in accordance with business practices.
• Track and distribute equipment and related materials.
• Prepare (including loading programs, updates, etc.), track, deliver, and install equipment and materials as needed.
• Respond to all phone messages, staff requests, and emails as appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee and agency records and concerns.
• Attend all meetings as scheduled and participate in meetings as requested.
• BS/BA degree in related field required.
• Windows MCSE Certification or working toward certification preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of System Administrator experience with Help Desk responsibilities.
• Must have experience with networking and network administration, including cabling, routers, switches, TCP/IP, and data security.
• Must have experience with Windows 2000/XP troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Must have experience installing and troubleshooting business oriented software for PCs (including Adobe, Outlook 2010, MS Access 2000, MS Office 2010, and QuickBooks).
• Must have experience with Dell, HP and PC compatible hardware.
• Must have knowledge of and Windows 2008 Server; Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec, SQL Server 2008, and MS Access 2000.
• Must have motivation and desire to solve technical issues and help end-users.
• Must have an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff and managers, and to communicate highly technical information to non-technical end-users.
• Must have an ability to produce and analyze reports, and write business correspondence.
• Must have an ability to read, understand, and apply language from manuals, policies, technical procedures, and instructions.
• Must have demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience in conflict resolution.
• Must have demonstrated customer service skills.
• Must read, communicate orally, and write in English.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
• Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
• Experience working with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population preferred.
• Experience working in non-profit or public sector preferred.
• Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Go Back to Job Listing…